Sunday, May 04, 2008

Iron Man: Best Movie of the Year!


Is it possible to create anything fresh or new in this genre of film (Comic book to Film)? The answer, is an astounding Yes! This is by far the best movie of the year (which is not really saying much at all I guess); but I predict that nothing, except The Dark Knight, will even rival it all summer (including Indiana Jones and Prince Caspian). This is the most fun you will have at the movies this summer for sure, possibly all year.

The story/plot is great (which usually is weak in these movies), the effects are flawless, and the acting (Robert Downey Jr.) is superb (though playing a rich playboy was likely not a stretch at times, but the other aspects of the role demanded some subtle acting that really worked great.

The movie is interesting, fast-paced, and funny. It also does not over-do it; in fact it actually leaves you wanted much more Iron Man action, which will surely come in the sequel which is basically promised by Tony Starks (Iron Man) friend (Terence Howard), when he looks to Iron Man's old suite desiring to fly with him and say "Next time baby." That promise is what the audience looks forward to the entire time.

6 comments:

Kiki said...

ARE YOU SERIOUS MARKUS???
Ok, if you thought it was entertaining and enjoyed watching it due to your CLEARLY inexplicable personal taste, then fine, power to ya, we are all entitled to our opinion. I enjoyed it so I can understand, but "THE STORY/PLOT WAS GREAT"??
This obvious incendiary collection of stark-raving mad comments without a shred of lucidity do not even warrant a further response.

"does not over-do it..."
pah...!

Mark Clark said...

Hey Kiki!

How are you sister friend! We miss you around here!

And yes its a great movie; I would say it is Oscar worthy! Yes, Oscar Worthy!

When are you back at home?

Jeremy said...

Boo. Overrated. Not bad for a comic book movie I guess but it won't be one I watch again and probably not the sequel. Sorry buddy I know you loved it and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Mark Clark said...

I would be open to me being completely wrong about this; and that I had just gone crazy or something; but everyone I talk to agrees with me; and it is presently sitting at 92% on Rotten Tomatoes and those are snobby critics.

Maybe not your style; but def. mine!

Mark Clark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kiki said...

Marky-Mark! I am back mid June, yes that's right, mid june. Volleyball players quake and tremble in fear (bahahahaha) miss you guys too! Sorry to be slow on the updates, but I am thinking of you all!
Peace out