Saturday, November 17, 2007

Mark Clark: The Augustinian Monk?


Many of you know that I have been divided recently: so much church work to do and yet a Masters Thesis to write. The challenge I faced is that I didn't have a third space to work. Home was too busy and the office was crazy. Last Night I found a solution. I was attending a program called Alpha we do at the church (an introduction to Christianity) and for the weekend away we went to a Monastery. While there I spoke to one of the monks (he was down getting some late night tea). I explained to him that I was looking for a quiet space to write a Masters thesis. Before I was done explaining he said: "There is quiet space here."

I smiled, as did he and we talked about setting up a quiet room in order to write. With a desk and some light and some space for books. I am going to go by this week to set it all up. God is good. I see his provision in this in a big way. The monastery is filled with iconography of Jesus, a great library and a beautiful chapel where there are constant burning candles and incense burning -- a great way to focus on Jesus on my breaks and a great way to be reminded of why I am doing all of this.

God answers prayer in his timing; time and time again.

2 comments:

Tyler and Leah said...

Great to hear it Mark! It's amazing where God leads us.

Unknown said...

Good for you for accepting a gift from God. It wasn't long ago that a baptist would not have even set foot into a Catholic monastary. You see the hand of God offering to meet a need and you graciously accept it.

May God bless your time in the quiet place he has given you.