Saturday, June 09, 2007

Greeting from Turkey: The First Week















Well I have been silent for the last week or so. The reason? Well, as most of you know I have been in Turkey. We (a group of twelve people) came over to come alongside "workers" over here; to support and encourage the in their work. We have had an amazing time. Been involved in so many things that I would love to write about but I can't from here...for different reasons, but I will when I return.

I just wanted to let everyone know that things were going great and that the hardest part of all is my emotional struggle to stay strong when I am away from my family (erin and sienna). But the L*** is faithful and will see us all through!

Tomorrow we head out to Ephesus, a key location for the history of the C*****; we are excited to visit it as it is the most extensively excavated and most beautiful sight of all the ancient sites in Turkey and one of the greatest in the whole world! It was the city that had one of the ancient wonders of the world--the temple of Aretemis...so we will travel by night (8 to 10 hours) by bus arrive visit, sleep help in an orhpanage in Izmir and the bus home through the night--shop at the Grad Bazaar on the European side (if we can stay awake!) and then sleep and get up at 4 to catch the plane home where I will get to see my family again...

Miss you all but enjoying exploring the world!

Blessings

4 comments:

Tyler and Leah said...

We're looking forward to having you back and hearing all about your trip! Your in our thoughts.

Erin said...

Just 4 more sleeps!!! We can't wait to see you!
Love Erin & Sienna

Unknown said...

I am looking forward to hearing of your experience in Turkey and hearing how God is working in the people.

Mark Clark said...

lookıng forward to seeıng you all as well...thıs country ıs truly amazıng! unlıke anythıng ı have ever experıenced...

Blessıngs