Saturday, February 10, 2007

"Beauty": A Poem














"Beauty" they say "is only skin deep."
I think it is deeper.
Deeper than flesh and bone.
Deeper than muscle and sinew.
Deeper...Soul deep.
I have watched the sunrise.
I have watched trees dance.
I have seen water sing.
I have seen my daughter smile.
Deeper.
Deeper than skin and shade.
Deeper than length and bredth.
Deeper than weight and style.
Soul deep.
Life gives birth to life, and grace to grace again.
Shallow minds can see the beauty and never comprehend;
Where it is, why it is, how it came to be.
Help us Lord to understand, it comes from You and not from me.
It does not exist in the beholders eye, But the Eyes of one who cares;
Who works to mold and shape and try, The Eyes of one who dares;
To give His world a glimpse of who He is.
Forgive us if we never see. Give us eyes.
Forgive us if we never hear. Give us ears.

3 comments:

Tyler and Leah said...

Awsome poem Mark! Sienna will love to read this when she gets older.

Jeremy said...

Who took that picture it's stunning!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Your daughter is stunning.